Texas Tech Commencement and Baccalaureate Programs

Permanent URI for this collectionhttps://hdl.handle.net/10605/54078

Texas Technological College was founded in 1923 by Senate Bill No. 103. The college opened its doors in the fall of 1925 with a much larger enrollment class than expected. It officially changed its name to Texas Tech University on September 1, 1969 with approval by the State legislature. Texas Tech's first commencement exercises took place in May 26-30, 1927. The university's commencement and baccalaureate programs are published by the Office of Official Publications.

Physical copies of the Texas Tech commencement programs are part of the holdings in the University Archives, located in the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library.

The first School of Law hooding ceremony took place on May 17, 1975. Digital copies of the hooding ceremonies can be view in the School of Law Digital Repository. Physical copies of the School of Law hooding ceremonies are part of the holdings in the Law Library.


Contact information:

Lynn Whitfield,
University Archivist
Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library
Box 41041
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
Phone (806) 742-3749

Visit The University Archives website for more information on the history of Texas Tech University.


Recent Submissions

Now showing 1 - 20 of 246
Copyright: The images and files in the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library's digital repository have been made available for study purposes, teaching, classroom projection and research only. Permission to publish these digital files in any form must be obtained from the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library at Texas Tech University.