Bulletins and Course Catalogs of Texas Tech University
Senate Bill No. 103 provided for the establishment of a “State school west of the 98th meridian and north of the 29th parallel,” thereby setting the ground work for the creation of Texas Technological School. Among the purposes of the school was to provide a “co-educational college giving thorough instruction in technology and textile engineering from which a student may reach the highest degree of education.” Texas Technological College opened it doors officially in the fall of 1925. From 1959-69, debates were held over what name should replace Texas Technological College. The State Legislature, on Sept. 1, 1969, formally approved the Board of Directors' suggestion to rename the college Texas Tech University.
Physical copies of the bulletins and course catalogs are part of the holdings in the University Archives, located in the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library.
Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
Phone (806) 742-3749
Visit The University Archives website for more information on the history of Texas Tech University.
Copyright: The images in the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library's digital repository have been made available for study purposes, teaching, classroom projection and research only. Permission to publish these digital files in any form must be obtained from the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library at Texas Tech University.