Photograph Collection SWCPC 57(a-z), dating from the 1890s-1980s, concerns Lubbock, Texas, and contains 89 photo prints, 3928 copy prints, 5220 negatives, and 341 slides.

This large collection consists of photos of individuals, groups of people, architectural structures, businesses, etc. related to Lubbock, Texas. Lubbock was named after Col. Tom S. Lubbock an organizer of the Confederate regiment, Terry's Texas Rangers. Its county by the same name was created in 1876 from the Bexar District and organized in 1891. The Yellow House River runs through a portion of the city. Its economy is based on agriculture, manufacturing, and education.


Contact information:
Reference Services,
Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library
Texas Tech University
2805 15th Street
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
Phone (806) 742-9070

Visit The Southwest Collection's Reference Services website for more information on collections at the archive.

Recent Submissions

View more