Texas Technological College was founded in 1935 by Senate Bill No. 103. The college open in the fall of 1925 with a much larger enrollment class than expected. The college officially change its name to Texas Tech University on September 1, 1969 with approval by the State legislature.

News

Contact information:

Lynn Whitfield,
University Archivist
Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library
Box 41041
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
Phone (806) 742-3749

Visit The University Archives website for more information on the history of Texas Tech University.

Recent Submissions

View more