DeLoach, William G., Papers, 1911-1964
William G. DeLoach was a longtime resident of Crosby County and Lamb County, Texas. His family traveled from southern Oklahoma to settle in a small farmstead in Crosby County. For fifty years, he kept a diary to record his life experiences as a farmer and family man in West Texas. Some of his diary entries have been used to compile the book Plains Farmer: The Diary of William G. DeLoach, 1914-1964. The book was edited by Janet Neugebauer. DeLoach was born in 1880 and he died in 1967.
Scope and Contents
The collection contains twelve diaries arranged in chronological order written by William G. DeLoach between the years 1911-1964. They have daily entries on weather, farming, family community, financial entries, and other topics.
Access Restrictions: Open for research
DeLoach, William G. (William Green), 1880-1967
DeLoach, William G. (William Green), 1880-1967 -- Diaries
Crosby County (Tex.)--History
Farm life--West Texas
For related materials in the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, see the following collections: Mason Family Papers, 1900-2002
William G. DeLoach Papers, 1911-1964, Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
Abel Ramirez, July 2002
Neugebauer, Janet M., ed. Plains Farmer: The Diary of William G. DeLoach, 1914-1964. College Station, Texas A and M University Press, 1991.
- Diary I through Diary VIII 1911-1945
- Folder 1, First Ledger, March 28, 1914 to January 16, 1916
- Folder 2, Second Ledger, January 17, 1916 to July 25, 1920
- Folder 3, Third Ledger, May 1, 1911 to July 1, 1922
- Folder 4, Fourth Ledger, October 19, 1922 to November 20, 1927
- Folder 5, Fifth Ledger, November 21, 1927 to April 16, 1930
- Folder 6, Sixth Ledger, April 16, 1930 to September 25, 1930
- Folder 7, Seventh Ledger, October 3, 1936 to May 10, 1941
- Folder 8, Eighth Ledger, May 11, 1941 to December 27, 1945
- Diary IX through Diary XII 1946-1964