Photograph Collection SWCPC 57(a-z), dating from the 1890s-1980s, concerns Lubbock, Texas, and contains 89 photo prints, 3928 copy prints, 5220 negatives, and 341 slides.
This large collection consists of photos of individuals, groups of people, architectural structures, businesses, etc. related to Lubbock, Texas. Lubbock was named after Col. Tom S. Lubbock an organizer of the Confederate regiment, Terry's Texas Rangers. Its county by the same name was created in 1876 from the Bexar District and organized in 1891. The Yellow House River runs through a portion of the city. Its economy is based on agriculture, manufacturing, and education.
If you need further assistance in locating additional images or material, please contact :
Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
Phone (806) 742-9070
Visit the Reference Desk website for more information on our procedures for requesting images and other archival material from the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library.
The images in this collection are for study purposes, teaching, classroom projection and research only. Permission to publish these digital files in any form must be obtained from the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, Texas Tech University, 806-742-9070 or e-mail email@example.com.