In the 1960s, community members began restoring the grounds, which continues today. In 1965, the Joseph E. Johnston Camp No. 94, C.S.A. was permanently chartered as a nonprofit corporation; and in September 1983, the corporation donated the Confederate Reunion Grounds to the state of Texas. The Confederate Reunion Grounds continues to serve as a gathering place today.

News

Contact information:

Dixie Hoover,
Site Manager
Confederate Reunion Grounds SHS
1738 FM 2705
Mexia, Texas 76667
Office phone 254-472-0959
Fax 254-562-2947
Cell phone 254-716-3730

Visit The Confederate Reunion Grounds (CRG) website for more information on this state historic site.

The CRG is part of the Texas Historical Commission's historic properties.

Recent Submissions

View more