Show simple item record

dc.date.accessioned2012-01-26T18:00:36Z
dc.date.available2012-01-26T18:00:36Z
dc.date.issued1951
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10605/7584
dc.descriptionPhotograph of a cow tied up before the entrance of the Milking Parlor Observation Room on the Texas Technological College campus. The photograph was part of the Block and Bridle Annual Report for 1951-1952 and was placed on page 151.en_US
dc.descriptionSponsored by the Animal Science Department of the College of Agricultural Sciences, the Block and Bridle Club was an organization made up of undergraduate and graduate students who supported the livestock industry and the Animal Science Dept. Activities included an annual ham and turkey sale, the Annual Little International All University Livestock Show and Judging Contest, an banquet, and presentations of scholarships to members. The national chapter of Block and Bridle Club was formed in 1919 in Chicago, Illinois. The Texas Tech chapter was a major sponsor of the All-College Rodeo, which began in 1930, and Western Days, which began in 1946.en_US
dc.publisherDigitized by the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library.
dc.relation.ispartofThis image is taken from the Block and Bridle 1951 Scrapbook p. 151, U 211.1.
dc.rightsThe images in this collection are for study purposes, teaching, classroom projection and research only. Permission to publish these digital files in any form must be obtained from the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, Texas Tech University, 806-742-9070 or e-mail randy.vance@ttu.edu.
dc.subject.lcshTexas Technological College. Dept. of Animal Science.
dc.subject.lcshTexas Technological College--Buildings.
dc.subject.lcshDairy cattle.
dc.subject.lcshTexas Technological College.
dc.subject.lcshLubbock (Tex.)
dc.title[Cow in front of the Milking Parlor Observation Room]en_US
dc.typeImageen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record