1965-1983, Joseph E. Johnston Camp No. 94 C.S.A.
In the 1960s, community members began restoring the grounds, which continues today. In 1965, the Joseph E. Johnston Camp No. 94, C.S.A. was permanently chartered as a nonprofit corporation; and in September 1983, the corporation donated the Confederate Reunion Grounds to the state of Texas. The Confederate Reunion Grounds continues to serve as a gathering place today.
Confederate Reunion Grounds SHS
1738 FM 2705
Mexia, Texas 76667
Office phone 254-472-0959
Cell phone 254-716-3730
Visit The Confederate Reunion Grounds (CRG) website for more information on this state historic site.
The CRG is part of the Texas Historical Commission's historic properties.
The images in this collection are research and public education only. To use these digital files in any form, an attribution of "Courtesy of the Confederate Reunion Grounds Historic Site" must accompany the image.