Show simple item record

dc.date.accessioned2011-02-14T16:41:41Z
dc.date.available2011-02-14T16:41:41Z
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10605/1504
dc.descriptionUndated image of residential street. An early model automobile is parked on the street, in front of a two-story house with wrap-around porch. Image is marked "253". PBPM 79-039.032 NOTE: The California Company bought out the Underwriters Producing & Refining Company's oil production in the Westbrook Field and financed the Col-Tex Refinery. House on the right was the first office of The California Company (Standard of California - later Standard of Texas) opened at Colorado City, Texas during the year 1924. First Texas office of The California Company (Standard of California) established, as shown, at the intersection of Hickory & 4th Streets, Colorado (later Colorado City) Texas during 1924. Note this old house was still occupied and standing at the same location as of and on October 31, 1979. The California Company became Standard Oil of Texas, and later, Chevron Oil Company. 10-31-79 Lee Jones, Jr.en_US
dc.format.extent1 film negative : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.en_US
dc.format.extent1 print ; print ; 8 x 10 in.en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.rightsThe images in this collection are for study purposes, teaching, classroom projection and research only. To use these digital files in any form, an attribution of "Photo courtesy of The Petroleum Museum, Lee Jones, Jr. Collection" must accompany the image.en_US
dc.subject.lcshPetroleum industry and trade--Texas--History--20th century--Photograph.en_US
dc.subject.lcshStandard Oil Co. of California (Tex.)en_US
dc.subject.lcshMitchell County (Tex.).en_US
dc.title[First office of The California Company]en_US
dc.typeImageen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record