Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorBlack, George.
dc.date.accessioned2011-02-07T20:10:33Z
dc.date.available2011-02-07T20:10:33Z
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10605/1449
dc.descriptionUndated image of wooden engine house and belt house with pumping unit. PBPM 79-039.015 Inscription (on back): Engine house, belt house, pitman arm, samson post and walking beam of a typical old (1920's) wooden derrick and standard cable tool rig after conversion to a "pump jack" or pumping unit. Note: a portion of the "calf wheel" may be seen through opening in the belt house. The calf wheel was the spool or reel on which the bailer line was wound; the bull wheels or spool or reel on which the wire line drilling cable was wound had been taken away. Lee Jones, Jr. October 31, 1979 (enclosed note:) Pump jack or pumping unit made up of parts of an old (1920's) standard cable-tool rig and derrick. A novel idea and a tribute to the ingenuity of the early "poor boy" independent oil operator or producer. "Necessity is the mother of invention" - they had to do with what they had. October 31, 1979 Lee Jones, Jr.en_US
dc.format.extent1 print : print ; 5 x 7 in.en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.rightsThe images in this collection are for study purposes, teaching, classroom projection and research only. To use these digital files in any form, an attribution of "Photo courtesy of The Petroleum Museum, Lee Jones, Jr. Collection" must accompany the image.en_US
dc.subject.lcshPetroleum industry and trade--Texas--Equipment and supplies--Photograph.en_US
dc.subject.lcshOil fields--Texas--Photograph.en_US
dc.title[Engine and belt houses with pumping unit]en_US
dc.typeImageen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record